Refinance Student Loans
Refinance your existing student loans with Central Virginia Federal Credit Union to lower your monthly payments and reduce the interest rate. *View Terms and Conditions
as low as 2.49% APR
(with autopay †View Conditions for Autopay Discount)
Why Borrow With Us?
Competitive Interest Rates
We can help you replace those high interest rates with a rate that better fits your budget and lifestyle.
Flexible Rates and Terms
Pay your loan off quickly, or keep your monthly payments as low as possible — the choice is yours.
0.25% Interest Rate Reduction
Set up recurring monthly payments and enjoy a reduced interest rate. † View Conditions for Autopay Discount
Release Your Cosigner
Give more flexibility to your cosigner by releasing them from your loan after making 12 consecutive on-time full principal and interest payments. ‡ View conditions for cosigner release
Borrow What You Need
Refinance up to $125,000 in undergraduate student loan debt or $250,000 in graduate debt.
15 Minutes & Done
Complete your entire application online in under 15 minutes.
Are You Eligible?
In addition to Central Virginia Federal Credit Union's underwriting criteria, you must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You and your cosigner (if applicable) are US citizens or permanent residents.
- You've graduated from an eligible school.
- You're refinancing private and/or federal loans.
- If you have loans for exam preparation classes (including LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, and GRE), they're not eligible for refinancing.
- You're a member of Central Virginia Federal Credit Union (or become a member during the online application process).