Why Borrow With Us?
Competitive Interest Rates
We can help you replace those high interest rates with a rate that better fits your budget and lifestyle.
Release Your Cosigner
Give more flexibility to your cosigner by releasing them from your loan after making 60 consecutive on-time full principal and interest payments. † View conditions for cosigner release
Borrow What You Need
Refinance up to $50,000 in undergraduate student loan debt or $50,000 in graduate debt.
15 Minutes & Done
Complete your entire application online in under 15 minutes.
Manage Your Loan
Our online portal lets you check your balance, make payments, and access your account anytime — day or night.
Simplify Your Finances
With one easy monthly payment, you won't need to keep track of multiple bills.
Are You Eligible?
In addition to Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union's underwriting criteria, you must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You and your cosigner (if applicable) are US citizens or permanent residents.
- You've graduated from an eligible school.
- You're refinancing private and/or federal loans.
- If you have loans for exam preparation classes (including LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, and GRE), they're not eligible for refinancing.
- You're a member of Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union (or become a member during the online application process).