Why Borrow With Us?
Borrow What You Need
Borrow up to $25,000 per year, with a maximum of $75,000 in undergraduate loans or $150,000 in graduate loans.
Competitive Interest Rates
Based on your academic history, your rates may be even lower.
Release Your Cosigner
Give more flexibility to your cosigner by releasing them from your loan after making 24 consecutive on-time full principal and interest payments. † View conditions for cosigner release
0.25% Interest Rate Reduction
Set up recurring monthly payments and enjoy a reduced interest rate. ‡ View Conditions for Autopay Discount
Cover Your Education Costs
Use your loan for any qualified educational expense including tuition, room & board, books, and even computers.
15 Minutes & Done
Complete your entire application online in under 15 minutes.
Are You Eligible?
In addition to Great Lakes Credit Union's underwriting criteria, you must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You've reached the age of majority in your state.
- You and your cosigner (if applicable) are US citizens or permanent residents.
- You're enrolled at least half-time at an eligible school.
- You have a GPA of at least 2.0.
- You meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards as defined by your school.
- You're a member of Great Lakes Credit Union (or become a member during the online application process).