Why Borrow With Us?
Competitive Interest Rates
We can help you replace those high interest rates with a rate that better fits your budget and lifestyle.
Borrow What You Need
Refinance up to $50,000 in undergraduate student loan debt or $100,000 in graduate debt.
Simplify Your Finances
With one easy monthly payment, you won't need to keep track of multiple bills.
Better manage your expenses and budget by enjoying initial interest-only payments on certain loan terms. †
15 Minutes & Done
Complete your entire application online in under 15 minutes.
Manage Your Loan
Our online portal lets you check your balance, make payments, and access your account anytime — day or night.
Are You Eligible?
In addition to Central Maine Federal Credit Union's underwriting criteria, you must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You and your cosigner (if applicable) are US citizens or permanent residents.
- You've graduated from an eligible school.
- You're refinancing private and/or federal loans.
- If you have loans for exam preparation classes (including LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, and GRE), they're not eligible for refinancing.
- You're a member of Central Maine Federal Credit Union (or become a member during the online application process).