Why Borrow With Us?
Borrow What You Need
Borrow up to $20,000 per year, with a maximum of $80,000 in undergraduate loans or $120,000 in graduate loans.
Competitive Interest Rates
Based on your academic history, your rates may be even lower.
15 Minutes & Done
Complete your entire application online in under 15 minutes.
Cover Your Education Costs
Use your loan for any qualified educational expense including tuition, room & board, books, and even computers.
No Origination Fee
Why pay us money to process your loan application? We'll never charge you any origination fees.
Manage Your Loan
Our online portal lets you check your balance, make payments, and access your account anytime — day or night.
Are You Eligible?
In addition to Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union's underwriting criteria, you must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You've reached the age of majority in your state.
- You and your cosigner (if applicable) are US citizens or permanent residents.
- You're enrolled at least half-time at an eligible school.
- You have a GPA of at least 2.0.
- You meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards as defined by your school.
- You're a member of Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union (or become a member during the online application process).